2005-05-04

i'm really here!

ok, so i'm in ireland... hard to believe, sometimes i just think i'm still in canada with people that have accents, but not the case. i arrived safetly without much problem. so yeah, transat is discounted for a reason, i had to pay for the headphones and for the drinks... my only saviour was the fact that there was one empty seat on the plane and it was next to me!!! the luck of the irish i guess... i met some nice people on the plane who going home for a visit. i was lifted at the airpot without a problem, but this driving on the opposite side of the road is a little confusing. my family is great, very welcoming. my one cousin gillian and i have made plans to go to the coast in the last couple days i'm here. i'm also going to a wee wedding... hehehe they say wee and i all the time. i'm very excited to be here, and i'm excited to start off on my own, but also a bit nervous. tomorrow i'm meeting a girl from the states and possibly we may backpack for a bit together. who knows. yesterday i had the pleasure of haning out with my hosts bessie, and jim's grandkids. they were very cute. we took two of them for a walk (3 miles) and i got to see some of the country side. i also had a wee nap... very refreshing but i was up late and poor bessie i think see was tired and she stayed up with me. so far so good. not very home sick although i do miss everyone and i miss having my computer at my disposal. so tonight i will finish planning and tomorrow i may be off for my first little excursion. tonight i also get to meet more relatives, and jim and bessie's daughter and her husband and wee one are coming for tea (supper). it should be a fun night. it rained yesterday for the afternoon but the morning was down right hot. today is sunny but cold... it suppose to rain this weekend... yeah! later

1 comment:

L.Bo Marie said...

yeah! my wee 'man is still living....
I'm so happy, now I suppose I can stop worrying